Caylent is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our small, highly-skilled, growing engineering team to scale and maintain an industry-leading DevOps-as-a-Service practice.
Primary responsibilities include architecting and building DevOps tooling for clients such as Kubernetes, Infrastructure-as-Code, CI/CD pipelines, monitoring, security, and configuration management to name a few.
You will participate in code design, architecture, and refactoring decisions in order to provide an optimal experience for our customers, while also maintaining a balance of client facing responsibilities including documentation and consulting while working with leading methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban. Additional duties include code reviews and coordinating DevOps efforts across multiple client engagements.
This is a 100% remote, full-time position. You’ll report directly to our CTO, who is based in New York and Asia.
The DevOps Engineer will work collaboratively with software engineering teams to deploy and operate systems, including:
- Help automate and streamline client operations and processes
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in client dev, test, and production environments
The position involves the following day to day responsibilities:
- Structure and maintain software configuration management systems
- Automate and maintain software build processes
- Automate software deployment and monitoring
- Automate software testing at multiple levels (component, configuration item, subsystem, system) and monitor results
- Monitor site stability and performance and troubleshoot site issues
- Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand
- Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services into production
- Provide support to development teams that use the automated infrastructure
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
A successful candidate will have:
- Experience in production ready operations, preferably supporting highly available environments
- Experience with designing and maintaining modern application CI/CD pipelines (e.g. CircleCI, GitLab, Jenkins)
- In-depth, hands on experience with cloud infrastructure environments (AWS, GCP)
- In-depth, hands on experience designing and creating Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform)
- In-depth, hands on experience with container orchestration tools, especially Kubernetes
- In-depth, hands on experience with YAML configuration management tools (e.g. Helm, Ansible)
- Release automation, system administration, system configuration, and system debugging experience
- Knowledge of automated code review and testing tools
- Knowledge of developer workflow tools
- Ability to discern, design, and maintain excellent documentation
- Ability to work with popular ticketing systems (e.g. JIRA, Trello)
- Comfortable working in Scrum teams or Kanban
- English fluency and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- AWS Professional Certificates
- Kubernetes Certificates
- Google Cloud Certificates
About Our Team
We provide DevOps managed services (DevOps-as-a-Service) and consulting with an emphasis on Kubernetes to software-enabled companies, mostly high-growth software startups. Our clients rely on Caylent engineers to design, develop and integrate highly complex DevOps pipelines, including build automation, CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, security, monitoring, logging, and alerting. Part of our value proposition is that we structure our relationships with clients as real partnerships, where we become part of their team and share in their challenges and successes. That means every Caylent engineer is client-facing, and responsible for daily tasks across one, two, three or more clients. Our engineers love the challenge of working on new stuff every single day, and it's one of the benefits of working with us!
You will use your experience and judgment to construct and plan joint backlogs, kickoff new client engagements, perform daily tasks, participate in standups, sprint planning/retrospectives, and more. You will be have the ability to be semi-autonomous while managing a busy schedule, meeting deadlines, and setting proper expectations with our clients.
Identify and propose technical improvements using your software engineering knowledge and principals. Foster an environment of shared learning, promote DevOps principles, and embrace the cultural aspect of the DevOps movement in a team environment.
We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Caylent is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
- Competitive salary and bonuses, including performance-based salary increases
- Competitive vacation and paid-time off policy
- Office space
- Continuing Education
- Exams and Certifications reimbursement